Value-Added DC Motors and DC Gear Motors
Built to Your Specifications
Through collaboration, ISL Products will manufacture and supply you with application specific DC motors and DC gear motors. ISL Products adjusts certain parameters like voltage, size, current draw, torque and speed to ensure the motors and gear motors perform as intended, in your application.
The combination of high performance and a customizable design makes ISL Products’ motors and gear motors ideal for numerous industries and for a broad range of applications.
ISL Products offers an assortment of value-added DC Motors and DC Gear Motors:
- Brushless DC Motors (BLDC): Feature excellent speed and position control and provide high efficiency and performance for precision applications.
- Brushed DC Motors: Provide high speed to torque ratio and feature a simple integration with industry-wide compatibility.
- Coreless Brushed DC Motors: Features a compact design and a light, coreless rotor that delivers high speed and requires less input energy than standard brush motors.
- Coreless Brushless DC Motors: Operate at low speeds and offers low inertia to allow for higher acceleration rates. The vibration resistant design also provides quiet operations.
- Crossflow Blower Fans: Generate a constant, streamlined airflow to prevent system overheating. Features a slim design with an option of vertical or horizontal mounting.
- DC Motors and Gear Motor Assemblies: We manufacture and deliver turkey assemblies and sub-assemblies so your overall production process is quicker. All components are built to your specifications.
- Planetary Gear Motors: A sleek inline design delivers high torque capabilities at low speeds and handles large reduction ratios.
- Servo Motors: Operate using an analog or digital signal and deliver a broad torque and speed range with high acceleration and deceleration.
- Spur Gear Motors: Designed to be compact and economical while offering high transmission efficiency and reliability. Available in right angle configurations.
- Stepper Motors: Ideal for fixed loads and deliver accurate motion control and high torque at low speeds.
- Worm Gear Motors: Generate high torque in a small package. Features a flexible integration, the ability to transfer motion in 90 degrees and to handle large gear reduction ratios.
DC Motors and DC Gear Motors Offer Versatility in a Range of Applications
Over the last 40 years, ISL Products has provided motor and gear motor solutions to a variety of industries and applications. ISL Products’ motors and gear motors offer a variation of torque and speed outputs, in a compact design. Here are some examples of how ISL’s motors and gear motors are being used:
- Security Industry – Electronic Door Locks / Safes / ATM’s
- Robotics Industry – Motion Control for Tactical Robots
- Industrial Machinery – Wire Cutting / Labeling / Packaging
- Public Access – ADA Pool Chair Lifts / Vending Machines
- Automotive Industry – Motorized Seats / Mirrors
- Healthcare Industry – Disposable Tools / Test Equipment
- Office Equipment – Printers / Copiers
- Aviation Industry – Articulating TV Mounts
DC Motors and DC Gear Motors Explained
Direct current motors, known as DC motors, are rotating electrical devices that convert electrical energy into mechanical energy. When DC voltage is applied to the motor terminal, an inductor coil produces a magnetic field to create rotary motion. A shaft inside the motor contains two magnets that generate repulsive and attractive forces to produce torque.
A DC gear motor features the same basic motor design as a DC motor but also includes a gearbox to create a single motion control component. This design allows speed reduction while increasing torque output in electromechanical applications. A DC motor and DC gear motor are both manufactured with a brushed or brushless motor and feature either a standard or coreless design. They are compact, cost-effective and used in applications ranging from vending machines to robotics equipment.
Contact Us About Our Value-Added DC Motors and DC Gear Motors
To discuss how ISL Products can develop a value-added DC motor or DC gear motor solution specific to your application, please submit an Inquiry or call us at (888) 904-9054.